Friday, June 10, 2011

¿Como estai?

Wadup friends family and party people?

It´s been a while since I´ve blogged or as I like to call it trogged (travel-blogged). I hit a wall about halfway through my travels a mixture of homesicknesses, altitude sickness, hungover sickness and a looking at the map and thinking to myself what the eff am doing here... haha! Nothing that some great weather, good surf, chill people and rest can´t cure here in Iquique, Chile but I digress, I´m telling the story all wrong, I´ve skipped a chapter of my travels.


San Pedro de Attacama, an oasis in the desert. It´s like Tri Cities of Chile minus the river/radioactive waste site/hydroplanes/tumbleweeds and plus alpaccas/heeps(*austrailian) of tourists/mountains/sand dunes/and dirt roads. Quite a word picture, and maybe a bit of a stretch of a comparison. So I´ll go ahead and let the pictures do the talking.





Biking and snapping photos. Safe.

Fire

Much of the landscape looks like its something from mars, they actually have a place that was originally called Valle de Marte(Mars Valley) but gringos like myself pronounced it Valle de Muerte(Death Valley) and it stuck.




I had a chance to go sandboarding, like snowboarding... on sand... deep


Earn your turns

DROPPING



STEEEEEEZ

Later that day we hiked Valle De Luna or Moon Valley.... it was a long day


It was bad lighting but eh thats what photoshop is for.


Friends!

Dropped into some salt cave which was fun and all

Until the headlamp died.


4am the next day rolled out of bed and headed 2 hours into the mountains and checked out some geysers










Wheres the 22?

Hot sprangggggggggg


And FIN. Now it appears I´m on a bit of a budget both with time, flight is on July 3rd back in time for the 4th Amuriica, and I´m aware of a slight monetary pressure of starting a life when I return to the states. So I´m in Iquique with 23 days to cross 2 countries and hopefully spend around a week in the Galapagos islands and Machu Picchu, leaving + or - 16 days of traveling and more surfing. I got this! Hopefully I swing a few overnight buses not spent wasting away on buseos.

Anyways off to plan, most importantly shower, and eat palta(avacado)... LOVING PALTA


Oh and an extra special shout out to Jeff for rubbing it in he´s seeing my favorite band soon, the black lips. Which also just released their newest album Arabia Mountain, which I´m presently listening to at full blast (sorry mom and dad).




No comments:

Post a Comment