The last day of the trek to Machu Picchu was the hardest and definitely the most rewarding. We stayed the night in Aguas Calientes. Woke up at 4am and walked to the base of the final Machu Picchu Trail. You can take a bus but after walking for 3 days whats another 2 hour hike at 4 am. Tromping up what seems like endless amounts of stairs and battling through the altitude we made it the entrance of Machu Picchu Park. The rest of the day I spent poking around exploring this great ancient civilization. Enjoy the pictures.
Nice eh... when they found it, it was completely overgrown... imagine pulling back layers of vegetation and finding this.
now a days no machete just a weed whacker.
Each stone was broken, carried and stacked all by hand. Being a commoner in this civilization was pretty bleak. Lots of back breaking labor.
American Society of Civil Engineers' reppin
The Waynupicchu face... turn your head sideways and see it.
I asked our guide what's with the llamas? "Tourists"
One toilet in Machu Picchu. here it is. literally this was the kings throne.
A rock with high crystal percentage, apparently with cleansing powers.
Windows.
Rock on rock.
After Touring around for a few hours me and a couple of the boys decided to hike Machu Picchu Mountain an additional 2 hour hike full of...
After Touring around for a few hours me and a couple of the boys decided to hike Machu Picchu Mountain an additional 2 hour hike full of...
more stairs... What can I say I'm a glutton for punishment.
2 hours later and I was on top of the world.
After taking a train/bus back to Cuzco, I relaxed had some brewhas for a night before leaving on a 2 day bus ride/adventure to Mancora, Peru, where I surfed my little heart out, however no pictures, only shots were taken.
Sleep time.
Brandon, these pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing...was that hike hard to find or did you just start following a trail?
ReplyDelete