Saturday, May 14, 2011

FIRST!!!

Hey family friends folks and f

This is my blog documenting my trip to South America.



Mastered on May 7th turned the ripe age of 25th on May 12th.


And then...?



Tomorrow, May 15th, at 9am I'm flying the coop and traveling to Chile.

I'm going to be down there for a little less than 2 months and the most exciting part, well besides the fact that my spanish may be a just a littttttttttle bit weak, is I have no real plans...

In the words of Mr. Paul Simon from the video above

"And Im on my way, I don't know where Im going, Im on my way
Im taking my time, But I don't know where"

I'm pretty sure Julio is slang for something naughty.

Anywho flying into Santiago Monday at 5am, going to check out the Bella Vista , drop off my gear and start exploring/adventuring.

As of now the plan is to head North and end the trip by flying to the Galapagos for some amazing diving (check the video below) and flying from Quito, Ecuador back to the States, but we will see plans are still in the zygot stage.

GALAPAGOS!@#




Cheers all wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so excited for you and know you will have an amazing time and will meet many amazing new friends!! To me, that was the best part, all the new people and influences from all over. I love you and am proud of you for all your accomplishments. And of course I am just a Skype call away at any time for consultations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Reed,

    Herman Melville once said "It is not down in any map; true places never are." Do not let any map or guidebook dictate your travels. Let your curiosity guide you. Only then can you truly explore the world and explore the unknown.

    I hope your journey brings you stories that entertain for a lifetime and leave you with innumerable and indelible memories.

    I would gladly sacrifice my job to be by your side, my friend. I look forward to hearing about your exploits when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Handsome--let's hear from you so we know you are okay! Wish I was adventuring with you! Be safe and make lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete